1.She doesn’t think that she is blonde. I like to tell her that she is dishwater brownish-blonde. She feels the need to be blonde and will have blonde highlights two years from today. That will be October 6, 2010, when she turns 13.
2. She is obsessed with her hair. I did not make her this way. She was born this way.
3. She only wanted clothes from Justice for her birthday. She went to their website and printed pictures of the clothes that she liked and cut them into tiny squares. She then made a little paper pouch that said: Birthday Wish List. It was very little girl like and it was very helpful all at the same time. I really wanted to buy her a toy too because that would make her still seem like a child and not the "tween" that she is. She is constantly saying that she wants/needs/wishes for a cell phone. Well, that ain’t happenin’ around here. And yes, she has told me many times that everyone in the fifth-grade-free-world has a phone except her. So I compromised…I got her a house phone from Justice, it's pink and has cute little words that say friends, fun and BFF. Totally cute. Totally fun. So she can plug it in the wall in her bedroom and talk away. I hope there is a phone jack in her bedroom??? Guess I should have checked on that.
4. She is a little sassy and likes to organize things. Last week her Sunday school teacher said that she likes to run the show. Hmmmm…I don’t know where she gets it from???
5. She gets her feelings hurt very easily.
6. She was born at 5:27 p.m. and weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces. I had to have her surgically removed from my body because the Friday night before she was born, she needed to do a somersault. The doctor offered to insert hands and turn her back...I politely declined. He also offered me an attempt at a breach delivery...I politely declined. She has been doing flips ever since. Literally, she is always cartwheeling, somersaulting, hand springing, you name it...she's a flipper.
7. Her favorite dinner is egg casserole.
8. Her favorite sweet snack is Little Debbie Nutty Bars.
9. She has beautiful blue eyes. I'm still shocked that she has blue eyes.
10. She wanted a carrot cake for her birthday. Lawnmower Man is making it right now. I'm still mourning the loss that I will not be eating cake today. I don't believe in adding vegetables to a cake. It goes against everything I believe in.
11. Lawnmower Man is also making fried oreo cookies for her school birthday treat per her request. This will help me get over not having any cake.
Happy Birthday, Lil'Nanny! I love you!