Alicia recently connected me to an organization called Sweet Sleep. Sweet Sleep raises money to buy beds, mattresses, sheets, blankets and mosquito nets for children in third world countries. They also take mission teams to go and set-up the beds in the orphanages. They're not trying to buy them better beds...they're trying to buy them beds...as in they don't currently have beds. Imagine life without a bed. Here is a video of one of their recent projects in Uganda:
Jen the founder of Sweet Sleep needs help. She is getting ready to go to Uganda again and here is how your family can help:
- She needs a team of people who will commit to pray for her and the work that her organization does.
- She needs notes of love to give to each child she encounters. They can be notes of love, encouragement, your favorite scripture. She will pack, take and hand deliver to the children.
- She needs to buy 218 mosquito nets at $8 each.
- She needs to buy 218 mattresses at $50 each.
- She needs to buy 218 blankets at $30 each. (A mattress without a blanket is like a cupcake without icing.)
You can go here to donate to Sweet Sleep. Or you can mail donations or encouragements to:
c/o Jen Gash
PO Box 40486
Nashville, TN 37204
Away in a Manger, no crib for His bed, the little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head. The stars in the sky look down where He lay, the little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay. The cattle are lowing, the poor baby wakes, but little Lord Jesus no crying He makes. I love thee Lord Jesus, look down from the sky, and stay by my cradle, Til morning is nigh. Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay, close by me forever, and love me I pray, Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care, and take us to heaven to live with Thee there.