A few observations from tonight's speech:
- She made a cooking joke. That's my kind of funny.
- She is wearing heels, pearls and a great jacket. Perfect and appropriate attire for such an event.
- Nothing says powerful like a gun shootin' woman who is a member of the NRA. This is inspiring. I think I'm going to take a gun safety class and get a permit to carry. Everyone else is packing heat at TSC...why not me?
- She made an eBay joke too. Good stuff.
- That 7 year old daughter knows how to work a crowd. She's got her wave and her smile down pat.
- A joke about hockey moms and lipstick. I know she didn't write her own speech, but she knows how to deliver.
- Her lipstick color is a good solid neutral. If someone has any connections and can find out the color for me, please let me know. I'm always looking for the perfect color for everyday.
And now I need to address another woman that's been hanging out at the RNC. Cindy McCain. Dear sweet Cindy...you need to tone it down a notch. I can't find a picture of the green number you wore last night but this was what you chose earlier this week... this dress and the one you wore last night screams: John gave me his Dillard's credit card so I could get me some new dresses to wear to the convention. He said make me look good baby so I spent all last Saturday shopping for just the right thing. And when I get to the white house I am so changing that china pattern!
Cindy-let's just tone it down a notch. I have always loved a good bold color, but tonight I have hopes that you'll wear some taupe or maybe a charcoal gray. I'm counting on you to bring it home with something good tonight. Let's just remember the RNC is not the same thing as fashion week in New York.