Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Loyalty

Loyal: characterized by or showing faithfulness to commitments, vows, allegiance, obligations, etc. Loyalty connotes sentiment and the feeling of devotion that one holds for one's country, creed, family, friends, etc

When going through life you hopefully have people that you know you can always count on. I am blessed to say that I have many loyal people in my life. I have a faithful husband who vacuums everyday, sweet girls, a wonderful father who would do anything for me, little sister & brother, adoring aunt and great friends who have become my Tennessee family. All of these people are very loyal. They have shown their faithfulness to me throughout my life. You may have noticed that I have left someone off the list...that would be my mother. Here's the story...

A few weeks ago I was on the phone with my mother and this was our conversation...

Mom: So what are you doing tonight?
Big Nanny: We are going to my friend Teresa's annual Christmas party and I can't wait. It's an eighties themed party and I have a great fuschia prom dress to wear.
Mom: Oh, that should be fun, I'll talk to you later and I want to hear about it. Put some pictures on your blog.
Big Nanny: Okay, love you bye.

Fast forward to Christmas day. I was on the phone with my mother and this was part of our conversation...

Mom: So how was the party? Are you going to put any pictures on your blog?Big Nanny: I don't think I'm going to, but you can go over to www.livinthewoodlife.blogspot.com and look at the pictures that Teresa put up on her blog.

Fast forward to New Year's Day. I was on the phone with my mother and this was part of our conversation...

Mom: So what did you do last night?
Big Nanny: We went to Robyn's house, we played the longest card game in history, ate good food, etc.
Mom: Do you think she will put pictures on the blog?
Big Nanny: No, Mom, Robyn doesn't blog.
Mom: No, the other girl. I went to her blog and she had the party pictures, I read the new year's post and I saw the Hannah Montana pictures. She can write good. I read some of the other things too, some of it will make you teary.
Big Nanny: Yeah, Mom...she's a really great writer.

All during this conversation I kept waiting for my Mom to mention my blog. About my new pimped out blog, Christmas pictures, etc. Nothing. Nada. She never mentions it. After I got off of the phone I thought to myself...My Mom is not reading my blog, but she is reading Teresa's blog. No, she probably has read my blog and just forgot to mention it. After an hour I called her back and this was our conversation...

Big Nanny: Mom, did you look at my blog?
Mom: I looked at your blog.
Big Nanny: Well, I was just wondering because you mentioned that you looked at Teresa's blog and you did not mention mine.
Mom: I saw your Christmas pics and I liked your favorite things list.
Big Nanny: I just thought maybe you were not reading mine anymore.
Mom: Well, I look at yours sometimes but you don't update much. She writes more than you and she writes good. I've looked at that BooMama's too and even Beth Moore.

We proceed to talk about the blog world: Boomama, BigMama, Pioneer Woman, Beth Moore, etc. and I told her that I just don't know where they find the time to blog. I told her that BooMama now has advertisers on her blog and gets paid for it.

This was her blog pep talk to me: You need to write more stuff. Your getting better. Maybe you could get someone to write your blog for you. And then she said this, the funniest line of all: Maybe you can get some advertisers on your blog. Yeah, Mom. I'm sure that someone wants to advertise on a blog that has a grand total of 7 readers. Or should I say 6 readers. Thanks for reading sometimes. And Teresa, you have a new "loyal" lurker and a new house guest next Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in a while! I needed that tonight! TOO FUNNY!

Teresa said...

I don't even know what to say. I'm just....I can't.....it's all.....sigh.

Here's what I know. I just laughed as hard reading this entry as I did reading about Pioneer Woman's retarded brother Mike. That's how funny this was to me.

And to Angela's mom I will say thanks. I love having new fans. Even at the expense of my best friend's feelings. (Who am I kidding. She won't read this entry. She doesn't read your blog. Better give her a shout-out on mine)

Ashley said...

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Big Nanny said...

My mother emailed her comments to me to be pasted. I guess she hasn't set up her google account. bs said.... It just goes to show you where Loyalty lies. The (one) time I mess up and I'm shipped off to Robyn's mansion for Thanksgiving. (no mom your not going to Robyn's Mansion, your going to the Woods.) I'm sure next It will be the nursing home where I'll be gobbling all the way. See I knew you could do it. Maybe you could get the hot dog place to be on your blog.(advertise) Do you think I should change my bs well you know. Love you, Super Nanny. I needed a name too.