Monday, December 27, 2010

Mission Monday, Soles for Jesus

My friend Ashley suggested that I come up with some themes to get back to blogging. She actually suggested that I do Menu Monday, but we all know that no one is going to come knocking on this blog door for recipe and weekly menu plans. But I came up with another "Monday"...

Welcome to Mission Monday!
Today I will tell you about an upcoming mission trip or an organization that is changing the world. It might be the organization down the street or it might be an organization that travels around the world.

Today's organization is Soles for Jesus, and my mission team gets to partner with them. It was just like Christmas in December when the UPS man showed up with these 6 boxes this past Wednesday. Oh, it was Christmas week and it was December, I guess that's what made it just like CHRISTMAS! I felt a little bad for the UPS man who had to carry them to my front door and then had to carry them to my garage...(Hello UPS man! My name is High, last name, Maintenance.) I wanted to say hey, this isn't your typical Pottery Barn delivery. The contents of my special boxes are for orphans and you should be excited! but I did not because I'm cool like that.


Wanna peek inside...
250 pairs of shoes from Soles for Jesus!
The founder of Soles for Jesus, Diane Studer, sent me these last week. She has helped Project 61 with shoes before and we are so thankful. My team that leaves next week will get to put these on the feet of our boarding school kids for what I'm calling Ethiopian Christmas Party Extravaganza 2011. The great thing about this year's Ethiopian Christmas Party Extravaganza is that it's not located in a dump, and we're not slaughtering any goats...I think:)
If you are reading this blog and you have no idea what I'm talking about then you need to go here.

Check out the Soles for Jesus website and watch this video to hear Diane's amazing story...




P.S. I was very impressed with the Soles for Jesus boxes and how they were organized. All the shoes have rubber bands around them and then there was a slip inside the box that said how many shoes were in the box. I think everyone knows how much I love an organization with some organization :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

See... perfect topic!

cherrie/baby juddah said...

Angela,
I just put this all together that you are "big nanny"... don't know what planet I've been living on to have missed this. I've always thought.. I wonder who this 'big nanny' person is... and now it all makes perfect sense to me... so fun to be with you in Korah again. And I can still taste that homemade chocolate cake! Thanks a bunch, blessings,
C