Friday, May 21, 2010

A Good Name


It was just two weeks ago today that I was making my tentative plans to jump on a plane to arrive just in time for the delivery of this little girl, my niece, Aubrey Christine. Tammy Faye sent me a text on Friday night that said she just had a prenatal massage that included pressuring spots that could induce labor. And I thought to myself...what's the chance that will work?

It works. At 1:15 a.m. I received a call from CraftiMama saying that Tammy Faye was on her way to the hospital. So I called Tammy Faye to see how fast this labor was progressing and I knew immediately by the lack of words and intense moaning that I was not going to be there to cut the cord. Yes, I was to be the official cord cutter because my brother in law has issues with the cord cutting. I received numerous text through out the night and a phone call around 5 a.m. with the news that she had arrived. I booked a flight that morning and was there by the afternoon...

Meeting Aubrey. We share the same middle name. Aubrey's great grandmothers had the same middle name too. We all know that a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches. And being named after your favorite aunt is way better than a million dollars:)


Aubrey meeting her big brother Josiah


Tammy Faye and I tend to get carried away with the monogramming. The blanket, the bow, the diaper bag. You name it; we monogram it. In fact, we would both probably get tattoos if we could get them in hot pink and a cute font.

I got to practice my swaddling techniques. I watched some swaddling videos on youtube to refresh my memory.

Pure sweetness! Congratulation Misty, Eric & Josiah!

P.S. Yes, I stopped to get a hotdog on the way to the hospital.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Congrats Big Nanny.

happymcfamily said...

cutie.

CEU said...

She is beautiful. Wish they were closer! Love the hair bow.

Ashley said...

PRECIOUS!

Cara (aka Temberton) said...

Congratulations! I had the joy of holding my newest grandnephew 2 weeks ago today. Loved it!