1) Last night I went to a dinner and Nicole C. Mullen was there. And yes, she sang. My friend Andrea hosted a table for the Fruit Bowl Girls, and I won a Nicole C. Mullin Ultimate Collection CD. She sang with her Baby Girls’ Club Ministry. You can read about them here.
Nicole singing with the Baby Girls' Club
2) My pastor’s wife is having surgery this Tuesday. You can pray for her and also read about her unexpected journey over here.
3) Today I’m taking Lawnmower Man to an oral surgeon today for some dental work…please pray for ME. Yes, my compassion has limits. There will be drugs involved and if I have enough, I’ll give him some too.
4) I have my appetite back, and I can’t stop eating. It’s really bad when you call your assistant during her lunch at Cracker Barrel and say, “Could you bring me back a piece of Coca-Cola cake?” and she knows exactly why you’re calling as soon as your name pops up on her caller id. And no, the cake thing was not in the job description...I conveniently left that out. But she brought me back some cake and that’s why I call her Awesome Amber.
5) Softball season has begun for the Lil’Nanny. She’s always stressed about her softball playing performance and wants me to practice with her in the back yard all evening long. It's going to be sunny and 70 today so we have a good weekend for practicing.
6) Lawnmower Man and the Lil’Nanny have spent lots of evenings hanging out at the rec center this winter and they’re always trying to get me to go. It’s like I suddenly live with Bob & Jillian from the Biggest Loser. I’ve only gone about 5 times all winter and the last time I was there I accidentally walked into the men’s bathroom. And yes, there was a man in there.
7) March Madness...I wasn't sure if the boys at work were going to let me in on the bracket thing this year because of last year's victory, but I got my bracket completed and turned in. Yesterday I told Lawnmower Man to turn on that CNN so I could check my scores…he said, “Don’t you mean ESPN?” Yes, that’s exactly what I meant…ESPN. (whatever)
8) A few of my preschool ministry peeps went on a mission trip to El Salvador last week and did some real ministry. They treated orphans for lice. They combed out nits and live lice...Now that’s a mission trip! I have to give a big shout out to my pal Sonja Morgan who is a bit of a germophobe. She now has “sympathy” itching, but I checked her hair for nits and live lice on Wednesday night and didn’t find any. You can read their mission trip blog here.
That's all for now. Enjoy the sun!